Skip to main content
- Appointments are approximately 25-30 minutes long.
- You may schedule up to two appointments per week. If you walk-in, that appointment will not count towards your two appointments per week.
- You are allowed one appointment per day.
- Appointments may be scheduled up to two weeks in advance.
- You may bring a paper or digital version of your assignment.
- The RWC is not an editing service. Our tutors are trained to help you strengthen your writing skills.
- Your teacher will be notified of your appointment.
Late or Missed Appointments
- If you are five minutes late to a tutorial, your appointment time may be given away to someone on the wait list.
- If you are 10 minutes late to a tutorial, you will receive a miss on our records.
- After three missed appointments, you will not be able to make any more appointments for the remainder of the semester. Although, you will be allowed to utilize the wait list.
Cancelling or Rescheduling Appointments
- In order to cancel or reschedule your appointment, you will need to call, email, or come to the RWC and let us know.
- We prefer that you give us at least an hour notice when cancelling or rescheduling.
Hour Long Appointments
- If your paper is longer than five pages, you may schedule an hour long appointment.
- You are allowed two hour long appointments per semester and one hour long appointment per week.
- If you schedule an hour long appointment, this will be count as one of your two appointments of the week.
- The wait list is a first come, first serve basis.
- You may utilize the wait list when there are no appointments available for the time that you need.
- If you want to be on the wait list to meet with a tutor, let the front desk tutor know.
- You must wait in the center. If you leave the center, your name will be removed from the list.
- You may not put your name on the wait list for a future time.
- If an appointment does not show up after five minutes, then you may take that appointment slot.
- After having a wait list appointment, you must wait at least two hours to have another appointment.
- If you are enrolled in an EIL 310 or EIL 343 course, you may have a group appointment.
- A maximum of three people may be in these tutorials.
- All three of you must be in the same course with the same teacher and be working on the same assignment.
- Having one group tutorial counts towards the two appointments a week.
- If you are in either of those two courses and you do not want a group tutorial, please let the front desk tutor know. The tutor will make a note of that in our system.
- If you are enrolled in EIL 219, you will have weekly reading lab appointments.
- If you are not enrolled in EIL 219 and you need help with reading strategies, you may come in and ask for a reading appointment.
- Reading appointments don’t count towards the two appointments per week policy.
- A maximum of three people may be in a reading tutorial.
- Reading appointments are grouped by your reading level. If you don’t know your reading level, ask the front desk tutor to help you discover your level.
- If you are enrolled in ENG 101, 201, or 315 and have been referred by your teacher, then you are allowed to sign up for a lab appointment.
- When signing up for the appointment, bring with you a referral form from your teacher. You must have this to sign up for a lab appointment.
- These appointments are at the same time every week with the same tutor.
- During the fall and winter semesters, lab appointments are 25-30 minutes. For spring semester, lab appointments are 50 minutes.
- When you miss a lab appointment, you get an email reminding you to reschedule your appointment. After two missed appointments, you are dropped from the program.
- Your teacher will be notified if you miss an appointment or if you are dropped from the program.